Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ghosts, Goblins and Rock and Roll

I can't stop laughing.

I just got back from Ontario's annual booking conference, 'Contact'. It's no suprise that the showcase favorites were Classic Theatre alums. Not the least of which was top showcasers 'Dala' who've played on the Classic planks twice. The first time they warmed the crowd for Matt Good (and sold more CD's than the headliner) and the second time, played a 'ladies weekend' headlining one night with Suzie McNeil taking the second night. Based on the reaction of all the presenters in Ontario, we're going to be seeing alot more of Sheila and Amanada.

Solid showing from Classic crowd-faves the Abrams Brothers too. Everyone was asking 'how much' and 'when'...once again, the Classic could proudly say they beat the holiday line-up!

Next year this conference is in Parry Sound at the beautiful Stockey Centre. I've proposed 'Have You Hugged A Presenter Today?' T-shirts, but no one's buying.

Now that I'm done with the four day over-stimulation that is Contact, I've turned my attention back to headier things. Namely: why in the hell my Trews tickets are just sitting there? Rock n Roll's Last Stand nothing. I realize not everyone likes John McDermott, but a word to my younger audience: McDermott sells (okay, that was two). Sadly, if you want have 'cool' stuff at your disposal, you gotta buy tickets when it comes round. Still, I have hope...there are seven days left to move those tickets, and I'm crossing my fingers that it's all about the last-minute buyers for this show.


So there! Sing your heart out.

No comments:

Post a Comment